In most people, the eyes are often the first part of the face to show signs of aging. The skin around the eyes is three times thinner and more delicate than any other area of the body. Because this sensitive skin is so delicate, the eyes need special attention and care.
Anti Aging Tips for Brighter, Refreshed Younger Looking Eyes:
- Get enough Sleep – Fatigue causes strain on the eyes and results in wrinkles and fine lines. So try to get at least 8 hours of uninterrupted sleep a night. And since fluid has a tendency to build up while we sleep causing puffy eyes – you can prevent this by sleeping on your back with your head elevated with pillows.
- Tapping – You can also encourage lymphatic drainage by gently tapping with your third finger across the lower orbital area of the eyes starting with the inner corners to the outer corners.
- Protect you Eyes – Wear good quality sunglasses that have UVA ray protection.
- Remove all Makeup before Bed – Especially eye makeup! Sleeping with makeup can cause irritation, causing blood shot eyes and worst yet, infection.
- When on the Computer or Reading – Blink often and look up every 10 minutes and focus on something 10 feet away. Also, take a break every couple of hours.
- Hydrotherapy – This treatment not only FEELS INCREDIBLE – but gives you brighter, more refreshed eyes while reducing puffiness! Start by holding a hot wet compress (wash cloths work well) against the eyes for 60-90 seconds and then a cold compress for 30 seconds alternating 3-4 times. Always start with the hot and end with the cold. The hot compress can be quite warm, but never hot enough to burn the skin. This treatment can be done every single day and works great for blood shot eyes.
- Tea Bag Compresses – Place steeped, chilled chamomile tea bags on eyes and relax for 10-15 minutes. The tannic acid in the tea has an astringent and anti-inflammatory effect that pulls skin taut while reducing puffy eyes. Thinly slice cucumber or potato slices also work well.
- Palming – Rub your hands vigorously together to warm them up. Then hold your palms over your closed eyes for 5 minutes, breathing slowly while you do. This helps rest and rejuvenate tired eyes.
- Massage – Massage gently under the eyes with aromatherapy essential oils such as almond or apricot, to reduce dark circles. Be careful not to get oils into the eyes!
- Anti Wrinkle Cream for the Eyes – Since there are very few oil glands around the eyes, it’s recommended that you use a good topical anti wrinkle cream specifically for the eyes. Choose one that contains antioxidants and vitamins to hydrate and stimulate collagen and elastin production, helps to repair and reduce fine lines and wrinkles, while helping to minimize dark circles and reduce puffy eyes. NOTE: For an added treat put the anti wrinkle cream in the refrigerator.
For information on eye concerns such as presbyopia and dry eyes as well as information on which Anti Wrinkle Cream / Anti Aging Skin Care Products are right for you Click Here