While Sugar Scrubs are a great way to exfoliate and soften the skin – Eating too much sugar can actually be very detrimental to your skin’s health and is considered to be one of the main causes of premature aging.
It’s no secret that obesity and weight related illnesses are on the rise, and this is directly attributed to our diet and lifestyle. Skin Care Experts have known for years, that a lifetime of excessive sugar consumption can have a very negative impact on the skin as well! While the body needs moderate amounts of sugar for energy – our cells can only handle so much. According to statistics, the average person eats the equivalent of of a whopping 23 tsps. of sugar daily – compared to the recommendation of 10 tsps.
The destructive process sugar has on the skin is called “Glycation.” Glycation is the natural chemical process that occurs when excess sugar molecules in the bloodstream, bind to collagen and elastin fibers causing premature aging to the skin causing the skin to lose it’s natural elasticity and become rigid and brittle. Visible effects of glycation are dullness, wrinkling, inflammation, and sagging of the skin.
Dermatologist and Skin Care Expert Dr. Frederic Brandt has written a new book “10 Minutes / 10 Years: Your Definitive Guide to a Beautiful and Youthful Appearance. According to Dr. Brandt – reducing sugar in our diet can turn back the clock by 10 years, and improve the tone, texture, and radiance of your skin.
To Undo the Damage Your Sweet Tooth May Have Taken on Your Complexion:
- Take a Chromium Supplement – Just 600 mg. of Chromium Picolinate daily helps keep your insulin level balanced and is known to stop sugar cravings.
- Read Food Labels – Watch for hidden sugar in foods, like high fructose corn syrup. Cut back on treats high in refined sugar like cake and candy which can cause a major spike in your blood sugar.
- Eat a Healthy Diet – By cutting back on refined sugar, eating adequate amounts of fiber, and eating foods high in antioxidants – This will have a dramatic affect on your complexion and waistline too!
- Apply Anti Aging Retinol – The purest and most natural form of Vitamin-A. Retinol is extremely beneficial to aging skin for protecting and repairing fine lines and wrinkles, stimulating collagen and elastin production, and resurfacing and rejuventating dull aging skin.
- Try the Newest Anti Glycation Skin Care Products – Dr. Brandt has recently introduced his newest serum called Lineless Anti Glycation Serum. Loaded with powerful ingrediants and anti aging antioxidants, this serum specifically targets collagen and elastin to prevent and repair the effects of glycation on the skin.
It’s NOT easy, especially if you’re a die-hard sugar junkie – But, cutting out the excess sugar from your diet is one of the best things you can do for your body, skin, and health!